OK, these are the pre-installed applications on the Android. These will be available as soon as you turn your phone on for the first time. Most are pretty basic. The most exciting applications are probably Email – i.e. the ability to set up a POP3 email account on your phone, and also Maps, specifically with the GPS function, which means in theory you should never get lost again.
The following applications are pre-installed on the T-Mobile G1.
- Alarm Clock – Set as many alarms as you want. You can set alarms for appointments, events, and more.
- Browser – Browse web and WAP sites as well as download new programs and files from the Internet.
- Calculator – Perform basic and advanced arithmetic and calculations, such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division (there is a scientific calculator available in the Market).
- Calendar – Keep track of events and appointments
- Camera – Take pictures using the T-Mobile G1 built-in camera.
- Contacts – Keep track of your friends and colleagues.
- Dialer – Make and receive calls, switch between calls, and set up conference calling.
- Email – Set up and access other email accounts using the email setup
- Google Mail – Set up, access, and synchronise your emails from your Google Mail account.
- IM – Chat with family and friends using Google Talk.
- Maps – View your current location, search for places of interest and addresses, seek directions, and more. With GPS on, you can jump to your current location. Never get lost again!
- Market – Access the Android Market where you can download applications and games to your phone.Messaging Send and receive text (SMS) and picture (MMS) messages on your phone.
- Music – Play back audio file s, create playlists, and more.
- Pictures – View, organise, and sort pictures that are stored on your memory card.
- Settings – Adjust the phone settings and configuration.
- web’n’walk – Open the Browser and go directly to the T-Mobile Favourites web site (UK G1’s only)
- YouTube™ – Search for uploaded videos in YouTube and watch them on your T-Mobile G1.
We have uploaded a copy of the Android User Manual for your reference.