If you want to know how to make a photo montage video for YouTube you are in the right place. Earlier today I made my first video. I admit that it is not actually very good, it is just a test video.
Guide To Making a Photo Montage Video Clip
The easiest way, if you have Windows OS, is to use Windows Movie Maker. Here are the steps:
- Open Windows Movie Maker. This is installed to Windows XP, and Vista. If you have Windows 7 download this one.
- File > New Project
- Open your photo directory in another window and with the mouse drag a photo to the Movie Maker. It will appear in a “New Folder” and you can then drag it to the storyboard below.
- Repeat the process until you have all the images you want on the storyboard. You can order images as you please.
- Add Transitions and Effects. Transitions are how the photos close before another is opened. Effects are how the individual photos are manipulated. Options include panning, spinning, blurring, making vintage style (shaky, grainy black and white image).
- Save the project
- Publish movie to your local hard drive
- Go to YouTube.com
- Upload Video – add title, description, keywords, set privacy settings.
- In YoutubeGo to the “My Videos” in the drop down menu below your user name in the top right
- Under your new video click Insight > AudioSwap
- Chose a track to play, tick the “Only show songs of similar length to my video” radio button to get a song close to the length of your video
- Preview with the music, then hit save when you are done. Remember, this will overwrite any audio that is on the video.
That is it. It can take a while for the sound to update, but once done you have a funky video with a soundtrack.
NB. AudioSwap can take a while. There are discussions on some websites that talk of problems with cropping. I have not verified these, and they may be out of date. I recommend that you pick audio that is the same length of the video if possible.